METSTRADE, 15th to 17th November, Amsterdam, Stand 03.125 Hall 3
Ocean Signal has announced plans to extend its innovative range of leading safety and survival devices following its most successful year in operation.
Since its acquisition by Drew Marine Ltd 18 months ago, the UK communication and safety at sea specialist has enjoyed a record 2016, with new collaborative product launches, sponsorship of high-profile sports people and adventurers, and new distributor partnerships.
At this year’s METSTRADE, Ocean Signal has confirmed that it will be launching new devices for both the leisure and commercial sectors in 2017 following ongoing research and development at its facility in Margate, Kent.
Notable achievements and developments in 2016 have included:
- The launch of the new Ocean Signal E101V float-free EPIRB with integrated voyage data recorder (VDR) memory capsule. Developed in collaboration with VDR specialist AMI Marine, the E101V is designed according to the latest VDR performance standards as a leading solution for commercial vessels.
- European approval for the new M100 and M100X Maritime Survivor Locating Device (MSLD). Developed for the professional marine market, the man overboard device with Automatic Identification System (AIS) and 121.5MHz homing beacon started shipping to customers this year. The Ocean Signal device is available in two versions, with the M100X approved for use in hazardous areas and designed to meet the European ATEX directive and the IECEx approval for use in Zone 2 explosive atmospheres.
- The delivery of the first shipments of Ocean Signal’s new AIS Alarm Box to customers across the world. The waterproof AIS Alarm Box has been developed to help save lives in the event of a man overboard incident by providing visual and audible indication the moment any AIS-MOB or AIS-SART signal is received. It is compatible with Ocean Signal’s award-winning rescueME MOB1 man overboard device with AIS and DSC.
- Sponsorship of kite racer Gina Hewson and UK canoeist and writer Adam Weymouth. Ocean Signal supplied both with its rescueME PLB1 personal locator beacons, renowned for its market-leading compact size, light weight and easy-to-use features.
- The appointment of marine safety equipment specialist Ocean Safety and Marinplus AB. The exclusive distributors in the UK and Sweden, respectively, further improved Ocean Signal’s distributor network across the world.
Key products at this year’s METSTRADE include the European approved M100 and M100X MSLD. Designed to unobtrusively attach to inflatable life jackets, the rugged man overboard device is ready for automatic activation on inflation of the jacket.
Once activated, the M100 will transmit an alert to all AIS receivers and AIS enabled plotters in the vicinity, as well as sending a 121.5MHz homing signal, for a minimum of 12 hours. Waterproof up to a depth of 10m, the devices are operational between temperatures of-20°C and +55°C and can be stored at temperatures between -30°C and +70°C.
Additional Ocean Signal products at the show include the AIS Alarm Box, rescueME MOB1 man overboard device with AIS and DSC, the rescueME EDF1 electronic distress flare, rescueME EPIRB1 and rescueME PLB1 personal locator beacon.
For more information about Ocean Signal’s range of products, please visit Stand 03.125 at METSRADE, or go to the website at www.oceansignal.com.